Thermal Infrared Detection
Gearbox and Diff Rebuilding again is leading with technology that creates opportunities to explore the unknown of the automotive driveline in South Africa. With our latest thermal imaging camera in use, we scan and identify problem areas that can’t be seen by the naked eye. Infrared radiation (IR) is emitted by every object above a temperature of -273°C. The thermal camera is a powerful tool as in many instances equipment failure is preceded by a period of increasing heat. Our equipment can take a photo of the heat the driveline is emitting thus providing us with valuable information as to possible problemareas now and the future. A thermal imaging camera is a reliable non contact instrument which is able to scan and visualize the temperature distribution of entire surfaces of a driveline and electrical equipment quickly and accurately.
Part of our services provided to clients is a detail report as to what heat the specific driveline unit is operating.
Infrared benefits to customers
- Detect hidden problems, make quick damage assessments and perform preventative inspections
- Determine / find moisture or oil leaks
- Identifies energy losses and poor insulation
- Spot electrical faults before it is too late
- Produce instant infrared images of your findings
- Create a reports, analyze your findings